WEST DESIGN OFFERS CONTENT MANAGED WEBSITES FOR COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS WHO DESIRE TO CONTROL AND MANAGE THEIR OWN WEBSITES.
A content management system (CMS) is a system used to manage the content of a website. Content management systems are employed primarily for interactive use by more than one contributor. A web content management system provides features which facilitate the tasks required to publish web content to web sites.
In a business environment, “work flow” is the idea of moving an electronic document along— either for approval, or for adding content. Web content management systems are often used for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing documentation such as collaborative business proposals, news articles, operators’ manuals, technical manuals, sales guides, and marketing brochures. A content management system can support the following features:
- Identification of all key users and their content management roles
- The ability to assign roles and responsibilities to different content categories or types.
- Definition of the content workflow tasks, often coupled with event messaging so that content managers are alerted to changes in content.
- The ability to track and manage multiple versions of a single instance of content.
- The ability to publish the content to a repository to support access to the content.
CMS- based sites allow the site owner to add/delete and edit site content themselves by simply logging in as a site administrator. CMS allows multiple people to have access to the site, with different access rights, depending on their level of need.
Most CMS websites incorporate blogs, allowing the site owner, as well as other contributors who have been given the appropriate permission, to post articles or comments, on a regular basis.
West Design specializes in WordPress site development. What’s good about WordPress?
If you could benefit from a CMS-based website, contact us today for a free consultation at 541-944-4875.